1. The written determination by the superintendent that weekday closure of the Hurricane Ridge Road is needed to protect public health and safety; and prevent unacceptable impacts to park resources or values as required by DO 8.2 This should include documents stating the conclusion that Monday- Thursday closure is the minimum restriction necessary.This should include the history of visitor injury specific to winter use at Hurricane Ridge, and how that compares to other areas of Olympic and/or other NPS units.
2. Documents related to ONP attempts to "work cooperatively with other federal, tribal, state, and local agencies; organizations, and individuals to carry out the responsibility to provide a safe and healthful environment," during weekday use as required by DO 8.2.5. Specifically, relating to the decision that a cooperative agreement with Clallam County for road plowing is not legal.
3. Documents and emails relating to estimating the necessary level of staffing and cost of weekday access, specifically relating to law enforcement personnel, road clearing, and interpretive staffing. This also should include the actual costs during the 2010 and 2011 trial period.
4. Internal documents relating to the conclusion in the 2008 GMP that “Operational and staffing requirements, along with unpredictable severe weather conditions, make a long-term commitment to consistently opening the road for seven day a week winter access infeasible.”
5. Sample work log for the Hurricane Ridge road crew for the weeks of December 11, 2011 to December 18, 2011 and March 25, 2012 to April 1, 2012.
6. Documents related to the decision that reinstalling gates along the road at 3rd peak and/or the slot is not feasible.